Crack Luminescence [NEW TEST METHOD]
RILUMINATI - Innovative method for early detection of fatigue cracks
Two-component special layer based on an acrylic resin, consisting of pigmented components:
- RILUMINATI 815 indicator layer, fluorescent
- RILUMINATI 816 overlay, black
RILUMINATI crack detection
Less effort for the user due to:
- unique coating
- extensive testing
- uncomplicated application (visual inspection)
- RILUMINATI 815 emits light as fluorescence under UV light. This allows us to detect the resulting crack.
- RILUMINATI 816 covers the indicator layer and at the same time prevents the indicator layer from reflecting to achieve the highest possible contrast between the crack and the indicator layer.
- Both layers of the system tear open when the metal cracks and the crack edges of the indicator layer are exposed.
- When the spot is irradiated with UV light (wavelength 365 nm), the crack shows a fluorescent glow of yellow-green colour.